Thursday, October 8, 2009

Private Jazmyn

so today i shadowed rainey at ezell. Basically that means i followed her around like a puppy dog all day and sat in her classes. i did it because lavergne fails and i have recently been surveying my other options and decided to get me a look see. this deserves a list of my day's highlights and what ive learned.
  • the differences between my public school and their private school were smaller than i preconceived. What i thought was the grand canyon was really just a crack in the pavement. Class was the same. People were the same just in different ways. instead of being ghetto they enjoyed a different sphere of stereotype. overall i really enjoyed the people there. they seemed to welcome me genuinely. Plus, there's some real jokers there, they had me crying in 4th period!!! not to mention all those pretty boys. Not hot. these boys were just darn pretty to look at. i wouldnt mind seeing that everyday!
  • there were only like four hallways!
  • the actual classes were pretty much the same as mine. well, except for bible class. that was a crazy one in a very good way. it involved calling for help, twister, stewart, and prostate exams. such a good mix!!!
  • wonderful impressions
  • its the small things i was so surprised by. for example:
  1. before school started everyone just sat around alking. like the halls were literally like lined with people
  2. they have actual school bells.
  3. we walked down to the church next door and they trused noone would just leave
  4. we ate outside. so adorable (they only have like 8 caf. tables btw; i cant even count ours)
  5. they just leave their bags laying around. nobody steals them either. impressive.
  • overall i think its too much of a sacrifice for my family and my personal loves to transfer schools just for the people. itd be too selfish and id miss out on a lot. no offense ezell- you have plenty to offer. dont tie me up in a uniform and hang me from the roof. i dont wanna pull out my black side on ya!
  • i had a good day. maybe if it wasnt senior year. maybe if they had theater. maybe if i didnt already have to worry about college. but oh well. ill just keep on being a trooper at lavergne. its where im needed. keep on spreading the word

Anyways overall i learned that a school is a school, teenagers are all the same, and chemistry is universally sucky; no matter if a large gay black man is teaching it or not. So beef up Lavergne
Looks like you get another year and a half of this handful. As of now i think my two different sized feet will continue to walk the halls of lavergne. Ezell was fun while it lasted, thanks for the experience. ill forevermore be jealous of those plaid skirts! id invite you to my school but with mouths like that you boys would all be killed. But hey, who knows what could happen! My right now is here but my future could lead me there. i just gotta follow the follow brick road.

No comments: